jueves, 23 de junio de 2011

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?"

That question, the famous question we are always asked and through time it changes from the answers to how it is asked.


Kindergarden:

Mom: "Sweetie? What do you wanna be when you grow up?"

Me: "A little mermaid mommy!" (I raise my little mermaid doll and splash it in my pool)


First Grade:

Mom: "Do you still want to be the little mermaid?"

Me: "Nop! I can't swim."

Mom: "Oh, so you want to be a doctor or a teacher?"

Me: "I was thinking more like a FAIRY!!" (I turn on the TV and watch Peter Pan)

Third Grade:

Me: "Mom! I don't wanna be a fairy anymore I wanna be a nurse!"

Fourth Grade:

Me: "Mom, I HATE BLOOD!! I'll be a teacher instead."

The years followed and I've always wanted to be a teacher, I0m not going to count my "Vampire Frenzy" I had in 9th grade as a "carrer option". Yes, me and my friends wanted to be vampires, don't blame me. Blame TWILIGHT!!

Tenth Grade:

Mom: "What are you going to do with your life? Decide soon college is on its way!"

Me: "I have NO clue...."




I now have some possibilities of what I want to study. Maybe architecture and interior design, but I'm not sure; I love to write too.

We might change, grow, stretch and become taller (although I am short or fun size, however you want to call it.) but I belive we we still be the same inmature youngster inside. Sure I know I can't be a fairy or a mermaid anymore or even a princess, but I loved to play and characterize them.

When we grow we start maturing or so. But...what is to "mature"? Does that mean I will become more "serious" or "grumpy"? No, to mature for me is waaaay different then some opinions I've heard from my friends. I think that when we mature we can finally make decisions by ourselves, decisions that will have causes and effents but will be handled with calm and patience. To mature, the act of maturing, is the transcission from being the careless girl to the careful woman.

One thing I know certainly, deep inside of me whether I become a professional, I'll still be the same funny, random and wierd Anonymous Ann :)

2 Reviews:

Midnight Star dijo...

LOVE THIS ENTRY TOTALLY IDENTIFY WITH IT!

Anonymous Ann :) dijo...

@midnightstar thanks for reading!! :)

Publicar un comentario

Impressive Posts

Template by:
Free Blog Templates